[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

Darren L xlr8me at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:08:07 PDT 2006

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=2046&SID=

memory express carries the rebate.

You can tell teh version just by looking at it.  On the bottom of mine, you
can see it on the little sticker "model no: WRT54G v5".  If you're looking
for firmware version - log into the router admin page, and you'll see it at
the top right (also on the 'status' page).

There was a post on flashing this unit (I haven't tried it) on Digg a while
back:
http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=505

This was my backup one, until I accidentally left my good wifi router behind
on a trip --  I wouldn't recommend it normally...but I can't say how it
works when flashed, but it's unstable when under decent load and sometimes
needs to be rebooted.