[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

Darren L xlr8me at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:08:07 PDT 2006

memory express carries the rebate.

You can tell teh version just by looking at it.  On the bottom of mine, you
can see it on the little sticker "model no: WRT54G v5".  If you're looking
for firmware version - log into the router admin page, and you'll see it at
the top right (also on the 'status' page).

There was a post on flashing this unit (I haven't tried it) on Digg a while

This was my backup one, until I accidentally left my good wifi router behind
on a trip --  I wouldn't recommend it normally...but I can't say how it
works when flashed, but it's unstable when under decent load and sometimes
needs to be rebooted.