[clug-talk] OT: Warning

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue May 23 22:00:13 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 21:56, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Hello all, I'm just looking for a little bit of discussion on this site.

I do see that you indicated OT in your topic which is a start at least, but
how is this thread even remotely of interest to anyone in the group?  It's
not Linux/FOSS specific, It's not really tech oriented (or at least not tech
that should be encouraged), and it's not work related and most people here do
not have any interest in this type of site.  I could be wrong though  (but I
don't think so).  Worse yet, you've just added this thread to the archives,
and now some poor sap will be at work and click on this link, crash his
computer, and potentially loose valuble time and maybe even their job.
Sexual issues are incredibly sensitive these days in the work force.

Now, as a web developer, I know of a few methods off the top of my head some
of this could be done.  However, I will not discuss it in a public forum for
two reasons:

1) I would like to preserve some of the integrity I think people believe I
have... :)
2) I would not want to tell anyone how to create such a useless, ad (and
probably spyware) driven site.  Sites like this are not to be encouraged by
passing the links around, or discussing them.  (My opinion).

(No, I did not click the link, nor have any desire to - I can get my adult
material from more, um... ethical?, sites... ).

This thread should be dropped now like a lead brick.