[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

simon simon at mungewell.org
Tue May 23 21:39:34 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:18:29PM -0700, Kin Wong wrote:
> Wed good for me as well -- didn't know it involved hacking a Linksys WRT54G.

I was suggesting Thursday at the Progsis meeting. But can do Wed if
someone suggests a venue.

> Three questions if anyone can shed some light:
>
> Will it work on a Linksys WKPC54G -- I just picked on up as it comes
> with a wireless card for 130.  Who currently carries the Linksys WRT54G
> with the rebate -- when I was looking for a replacement last week, I
> didn't see any rebates.

Unfortunately this router is not flashable with community code:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/WRK54G

Memory Express & London Drugs - possibly others.

> Will someone be bringing their Linksys WRT54G, my last one blewup and I
> suspect the power supply but it gives me the correct voltage output but
> have not tested it under load and I am not getting any blinking lights.
>
> How does one determine the version of the OS.

Serial number lookup here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G