[clug-talk] OT: Warning

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 20:56:30 PDT 2006

Hello all, I'm just looking for a little bit of discussion on this site.

WARNING! DO NOT CLICK THE LINK UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES LISTED
BELOW...

http://tinyurl.com/l2h77

How is that possible? In case you didn't have the guts to click it, this is
what you missed

   - Your browser opening thousands of windows
   - Your mail client opening thousands of windows
   - Gay porno flashing in your browser
   - Your speakers unmuting and yelling "Hey, I'm looking at gay porno!!"
   - The browsers moving all over so it was impossible to close them
   - In Windows, being unable to End Task them
   - Your clipboard being stolen

I mean, in Windows, under IE, I could see it. But in Firefox under Linux?!
How can this happen? What is the world coming to when just hitting a site
will make your browser pack up and leave for Crashville?

PS: That tinyurl points to *http://123.on.nimp.org/123.html* , however, you
can link to any website with the following mask for the same effect
*.on.nimp.org/*

--
pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091