[clug-talk] Freifunk (wireless mesh) in Calgary

simon simon at mungewell.org
Tue May 23 14:41:27 PDT 2006

Hi all,
OK time to be proactive :-)

I'm suggesting that 'we' (anyone who is interested) meet up either Wed
(24th May) or Thurs (25th May) evening to chat about what a 'Calgary
Freifunk' network could be and how 'we' might go about getting there.

I'm on the North side (64th Ave N) but it's probably best to suggest
somewhere in the South - as that's (I believe) where most people are
based.

Only criteria is that the meeting starts after 7.00pm and is somewhere
that serves (reasonable) food or that I can bring my own.

Why the urgency? Well there is currently a rebate (until the end of
May) on Linksys WRT54G. Yes Version 5, but this is hackable to some
degree - I would like to get some scope about whether the Friefunk code
can fit in this reduced foot print......

Simon.