[clug-talk] proxy

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Tue May 23 10:50:05 PDT 2006

On 5/23/06, Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome pawsum! Does it store it in the RAM or on the hard disk?

I'm pretty sure it keeps its cache in RAM, that's why the RAM warning.
 I've only messed with it a bit, because I generally use low RAM boxes
on broadband connections, so I don't care much about caching.  :-)

> PS: How do I set it up? Whats the best settings?

The way I've done it in playing with it is, on the Proxy settings page
in the web interface, enable it, and also enable the "Transparent"
option.  This way you don't need to make any changes to the client
systems (like setting their proxy settings in the browser and each
individual app that may make a web connection).  You'll also want to
tweak the "Max object size (KB):" setting if you're hoping to have it
cache downloaded files, if you have some idea the approximate size of
stuff you'll want cached.  You can also tweak the cache size itself to
fit how much RAM you have in the box.

Ian