[clug-talk] Mailing list problem

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:30:59 PDT 2006

On 5/19/06, Curtis Sloan <curtis.sloan at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Why did cpweb14.idig.net receive it from itself?  Pardon me if it's obvious to
> a *nix admin, I'm an Exchange admin and haven't run an open source mail
> server myself yet.  Seems like idig.net had some issues delivering mail?

Spam filtering process?  Anti-virus process?  I'd guess something like
that.  It only took 2 seconds (well, ok that's kinda a long time to
send it to itself, but if it was doing some RBL checks or something
it's conceivable), so that wasn't the big deal.  The big deal was it
sat on it for 2 days after that before delivering it to Telus.

Ian