[clug-talk] FREE pc-to-landline calling

Peter Carless pcarless at carless.com
Thu May 18 20:58:17 PDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Try dialing '**275 *266300' :-)
>
> SIP Broker eh... Hmm..... do you use FWD much or no ?

Hi,
Sorry, but I missed the part of the thread that dealt with dialing
**275 *266300 and SIP Broker.
But in answer to the question with regard to my use of FWD, I do use
it quite a bit.
I have a brother who lives in Sydney Australia, and I set up an ATA
(analog telephone adaptor) for him and a FWD account. This means that
I can call him and his phone will ring, and he can do likewise to me.
At the time I was visiting Australia in Dec and Jan last there was a
telephone number that you could call that would allow access to the
FWD network for the price of a local phone call. I was able to use
that to call my FWD access in Calgary and dial a local Calgary number
through the adapter. It worked out to being able to call anyone in
Calgary for the price of a local call.
Not sure if this service is still available, as it was just in beta I
believe. It must have cost whoever was running it quite a bit to setup
and run and there was no charge to use it.

Peter