[clug-talk] FREE pc-to-landline calling

Jim Hribnak hribnak at nucleus.com
Thu May 18 09:16:14 PDT 2006

I have an Asterisk box seti at home (have not fully played with en enough as
I started just at the tail end of Winter)  I have the FXO card that I got on
Ebay for like $15 (seems they are double that now) but the FXo allows you to
plug in your PSTN line into the Asterisk box and then use complete IP phones
(wired/wireless) in your house.  This is the road I am going.  When you
travel, take a SIP phone with you configure it once you get to your location
(or leave it DHCP enabled) and you can make/receive local Calgary calls as
your phone will connect to your Asterisk server at home even if your are in
far away city.

FreeWorldDialup  (www.freeworlddialup.com ) also has  a free service where
you can make local calls just about anywhere (peering) (at least last time I
checked)

Jim

  _____