[clug-talk] Mailing List Guidelines

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Thu May 18 09:57:20 PDT 2006

Shawn, that was a really good guideline on how we ought to behave on the
mailing list.

One thing that I would like the challenge the membership, if you have
been helped and you have attained a level of comfort on a topic --
consider documenting what you know and the process, either in a blog or
success stories.  CLUG is community based and will only grow if we all
try to give back a little to the community.

On more than one occasion I have heard the comment that certain experts
don't hang around the group any more and for good reason.  It is not
their job to help us solve our problem -- there are a number of really
knowledgeable people that are quite willing to share that knowledge, but
they will get tired of answering the same questions over and over
again.  As an organization, we need to learn what they have to offer and
help leave a legacy.  We are not trying to make them redundant, but
rather free them to further challenges.  The learners today need to step
up and become the teachers of tomorrow -- only in this way will we grow
our knowledge faster and have retention of our sage masters.

The challenge to the CLUG membership, what legacy are you going to leave?