[clug-talk] OT: CLUG Business focus group?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Thu May 18 02:11:11 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 07:23, Darren L wrote:
> Since Wednesday seems to work (for those that have replied), and since
> we're at 2-2 (with one undecided), I'm just going to step up and choose:
>
> Higher ground.
> Wednesday, 7pm.
>
> If it turns out to be full, there are plenty of alternatives a short walk
> away.

We had the meeting tonight and made some progress.

It was felt that we need more communication to workout the foundations of the
group, but that communication wasn't well suited to clug-talk.  Soooo, we
have set up an basic web site with blogging and forums for this.  It's
understood that this could simply be a short term solution, but time will
tell.  If you would like to take part, check out the site at
http://bug.open2space.com/ and register an account to add
comments/topics/blogs.  I've put in some initial content to get us started.

Let me know if you encounter any problems with the site - I've installed a new
version of Drupal (4.7.0 - I like what I see of it so far), and did run into
one issue with email (resolved, I think).

The idea of the site at this time is to help determine our mandate / purpose.
Once that is done, we can then look at if the group fits with CLUG.

If you were at the meeting tonight, please feel free to add any additional
information to the site you might feel is needed.