[clug-talk] Xgl on SUSE 10.1

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 17 19:49:38 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 17:36, Graham Monk wrote:
> me away. It already seemed faster than 10.0, now this! Something Aaron
> wrote on his blog indicates that when I upgrade to KDE 3.5.3 I'll see
> even better performance.

the performance patches that went into KDE 3.5.3 are already in SUSE 10.1, so
you're already enjoying the speed boosts i mentioned in that blog.

i wish i was having as good a time with 10.1 however. not having an nvidia
card in my desktop machine (where i installed 10.1) renders xgl a moot point
and the installer screwed up in several areas. and i'm finding out that a lot
of -dev packages aren't easily/readily available which makes it really
annoying for a software developer such as myself.

this release reminds me a of the old caldera releases (when caldera was still
a Good Guy) in a lot of ways ....

--
Aaron J. Seigo