[clug-talk] Xgl on SUSE 10.1

Graham Monk graham.monk at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:36:24 PDT 2006

So, installed SUSE 10.1 on an AMD 64bit box, not very difficult, but
had some problems with libdvdcss and such until I compiled it rather
than using RPMs, think that had to do with 32/64 incompatability. Then
I got Xgl working, WOW! The wobbly windows, rotating cube desktops and
translucency are fun, but for me its the speed improvements that blow
me away. It already seemed faster than 10.0, now this! Something Aaron
wrote on his blog indicates that when I upgrade to KDE 3.5.3 I'll see
even better performance.

Smoking!

graham