[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Darcy Brodie darcy at canasc.ca
Tue May 16 18:26:49 PDT 2006

Mitchell Brown wrote:

>     Are you having problems with just your wireless connection or is
>     it on the
>     wired connection as well?
>

> Both.
>

>     When you had the crossover cable connected, did you have access to
>     the
>     internet?
>

> No.

Would I be correct in assuming that the computer with the wireless
connection is running on Windows?? if so, at the command prompt, type
"ipconfig /all "  There should be a line in the printout stating "DNS
Servers".  For example, for Shaw internet, they should be 64.59.135.133
and 64.59.135.135.  you may need to set these DNS Server ip addresses in
your ipcop dhcp server

Another quick test would be to attempt to browse a web site by ip
address (such as 66.102.7.104 should bring up www.google.ca)

Darcy