[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:58:29 PDT 2006

> Turn on transparent proxy in the Services -> proxy tab.  Click enable
> proxy and click transparent.

Okay, just did that. Went back to SquidGuard, reenabled it. Still, everytime
I goto playboy.com I get sexy centerfolds! Grr!
Ps: I accidentally cleared the "Allowed IPS:" box and don't remember what
was in it. I'm thinking maybe that had something to do with it?

>Also, what ISP uses 10.0.0.1 as its DNS server?  That seems somewhat
>silly.

Hehe. Well, see theyre a wireless ISP (Community Networks). They provide
rural internet all over southern AB. So, they also have all their
towers/clients on 10.x.x.x ... I know this because I used to work there. The
core router is 10.0.0.1 - and then all the towers in various areas are
10.0.5.1 and whatnot. So, if I'm on Prarie Royale 2 (which I am) and its ip
is 10.0.5.1, then my wireless dish's IP turns out to be 10.0.5.11 (I'm just
the 11th person).

My friend who lives a few miles away is also on PR2, his dish's ip is
10.0.5.97 I think. And like, people in Strathmore have another tower number.
Can't remember which number it is though. They have about a dozen towers.

So, when you look at it from that point of view, it kiiiind of makes sense.