[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue May 16 12:52:43 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 13:32, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Check check and check. Thats right I don't want that thing on my network at
> all. Yup its just a wireless AP now :D
> So this is very nice. Now, can someone please remind me how I setup the
> parental controls on the IPCop? I got an Oink code, but I don't see where
> you set it up to like, block porn and stuff.

You're talking about two different things.

Parental controls are an add-on, so you'll need to find the addon package, and
follow the instructions for it.  (you probably want the dans-guardian (sp?)
package.

The Oink code is used for intrusion detection.  Go to the Services / Intrusion
detection page, and there's a text box for it there.  BE PATIENT.  Getting
updated rules for intrusion detection takes a while (about 5 - 10 minutes on
my box).

(btw, there's just something funny about a teenager being the one to install
parental controls... lol)