[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:24:56 PDT 2006

Got it. I manually plucked in my DNS server 10.0.0.1 (thats what my ISP
uses) and boom. I could ping things from the IpCop box! Woot !!!

Ok, that works great, except that I can't do it on one of my client
computers :( I can make it work by manually putting in my DNS server
to192.168.5.5 (my ipcop box) into the Windows control panel. It doen't work
on automatic. Can someone let me know

1) Howto make Windows automatically detect my DNS server as 192.168.5.5
2) Howto manualy specify the DNS server on Linux like I did in Windows

On 5/16/06, Neil Bower <nbower at clug.ca> wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:08, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> > > Are you having problems with just your wireless connection or is it on
> > > the wired connection as well?
> >
> > Both.
> >

> > When you had the crossover cable connected, did you have access to the
> >
> > > internet?
> >
> > No.
>
> I'm guessing the problems lies within your ipcop box.
>
> Log in to the box through ssh as root and see if you can ping from it to
> sites
> on the internet and see if you can ping any of your internal boxes as
> well.
>
> If you can ping out to the internet, then check your settings on the dhcp
> setup for your internal clients.
>
> If you can not ping out from the ipcop box, check the settings on the red
> interface.
>
> HTH
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Bower
> CLUG - http://clug.ca
> Registered Linux User # 323470
> ( http://counter.li.org )

pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091
C422