[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Tue May 16 09:47:52 PDT 2006

Mitchell Brown wrote:

> <snip>
>
>     Did it work before you plug in the wireless router?
>

> I think I tried this before and it did not work either
>

>     Does it work off one of the switched ports on your wireless router?
>

> I don't follow. I've hooked  my Ipcop upto one of the four lan ports
> on the  wireless router. The local browsing works fine, just not
> internet :(

As I was going to say, since you can configure your IPCop box, your
browser and internal network is working fine, but you are not able to
see the outside world.  This indicates that your DNS is not setup
properly on your firewall -- that points you to the sites in the outside
world.

Your IPCop box needs to have DNS setup -- for example, if you are using
Shaw, then use the Shaw supplied DNS (primary and secondary).  On your
inside network, your computers and network devices need to point to the
firewall for DNS.

HTH