[clug-talk] my ipcop box

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:12:14 PDT 2006

Okay just to clarify - I've yet to get to the web interface. No matter
what I do it says it can't find that host.

>Of course you need to manually configure an ip address on your
>workstation.  Under linux the following should work:
>ifconfig eth0 up
>ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 dev eth0
>ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

Well here's the result of that (on my client)!

[root at localhost mbrown]# ifconfig eth0 up
[root at localhost mbrown]# ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 dev eth0
[root at localhost mbrown]# ip route add default via 192.168.1.1
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
[root at localhost mbrown]#

I don't quite understand any of that. Well, I understand that ifconfig
eth0 up brings up eth0, but the rest of it is kinda chinese to me.

So, once again

1) I've installed IPCOP
2) I've setup the network cards
3) I set it up as a DHCP server in the install (how do I get back to
those settings anyways?)
4) It's been rebooted
5) I can't get to it :-/ My computer fails to get the IP information
from ifup it just times out
6) well.. We already saw the result of that stuff you gave me!

On 5/15/06, Gustin Johnson <gustin at echostar.ca> wrote:

pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091 C422