[clug-talk] OT: CLUG Business focus group?

Tek Budda TekBudda at shaw.ca
Mon May 15 18:24:09 PDT 2006

Darren L wrote:
> Well, if it's CLUG, you're definitely right - the exec should be behind
> the idea before anything is associated with it.
>
> But what better way to see how it shapes up than to provide the means
> and let it fly on its own!
>
> Coffee / IRC sounds good to me.  Again, I don't speak for everyone though.

Moi aussi!  Coffee & IRC would work too..LOL

I think I would like to see topics that are business focused (i.e.
marketing, accounting, etc.) but with a focus on FLOSS (whether Linux as
the OS or not).  Essentially....how to build/manage/use a FLOSS office.
  Maybe cover something like trinaing.. and if so... how to do u handle
training materials....etc.

I think we should meet first... flesh out some ideas and present a
business case to the executive.  If not, maybe look at finding a host...
or someone that might be willing to co-host.....

Cameron