[clug-talk] OT: CLUG Business focus group?

Kin Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Mon May 15 11:34:47 PDT 2006

Carl wrote:

>The reason I prefer sticking to FOSS related issues is that there are
>countless business resources out there but none that I know of with a
>focus on FOSS.
>
>However, time to time issues come up that may require non FOSS solutions
>and I'm not opposed to discussing these issues.
>
>Carl

Agreed, my concern was actually the other way around, I have got non
FOSS issues that I would love to find FOSS solutions for or be able to
bridge it by using running what we currently need by using either Wine,
Vmware, dual boot or a second machine.

My point is that in business there are non FOSS issues, but I am happy
to strive for a FOSS solution whenever possible (sometimes it is client
dictatated so the parameters are set).