[clug-talk] LCD Monitor

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Thu May 11 17:15:30 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 18:06, Mike Bougie wrote:
> Or does nyone have any recommendations? I don't play games, but I watch
> _LOTS_ to movies and television shows on my rig, so I'm needing
> something with decent refresh rates.

I grabbed the cheapest 17" Benq (the FP71G+) from MemoryExpress about 6 months
ago, and use it for all the above - without any noticiable performance
problems.  The monitor just works, and has been reliable.  The only thing I
find odd is when I'm changing screen resolutions - the monitor expects some
specific resolutions, and lets you know when it's using a non-standard one.
But, after the notice, it just displays what it's told.

I find it odd the dell you listed is using the FP characters in it's model
number - maybe it's just a rebranded Benq?  Dell has been known to rebrand
other equipment before - maybe you can find the original brand for a few
bucks less?

I've never gone wrong with any ViewSonic monitor.  I would buy another in a
heartbeat.

HTH.