[clug-talk] Firefox, Konqueror behaviour different

Hendrik Schaink hschaink at infovisi.com
Thu May 11 15:02:34 PDT 2006

I had an "interesting" experience of trying to book a flight upgrade
on-line with Firefox/Mozilla and with Konqueror under KDE 3.5.

Verdict: Konqueror preformed admirably; Firefox/Mozilla failed to
complete the last step (5) in the transaction. See also attached screen
shots.

With Firefox, I could complete everything _except_ the final payment
transaction using a redirect to a secure site.  :-(
With Konqueror I was able to complete everything _including_ the
redirect to a secure payment site.  :-)

Any idea what is missing from Firefox? Or for that matter what Konqueror
does particularly well?

Hendrik

--
Hendrik M. Schaink
Chief Consultant

"Integrated Business Solutions & Dependable Service"

InfoVision Consulting
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone: (403) 239-0099

"The Vision: We are the partners of choice for companies and
organizations that share our commitment to creating a world
that is truly wise, courageous, prosperous, innovative,
inclusive, sustainable and humane."     --Ruben Nelson

GPG Fingerprint: 1371 0927 8C3C 831F A838 C312 68BC F5DB 010D F3D7