[clug-talk] OpenSuSE 10.1 Released

Jarrod Major jarrod at digitaldemesne.net
Thu May 11 11:02:46 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 11:26 am, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Nice - who all uses SuSE here anyways?  I've tried it before, and its a
> fine distro. There's a few things that are keeping me from using it though.
> Mainly, the repos never work. Everytime I try and add one via YaST (or the
> commandline even) it just hangs. The entire window has to be killed. So,
> what good is a distro without repos to get software from? Not much good to
> me :-/

I've used SuSE since about version 8 I believe. I like YaST (both GUI and CL
version which is damn close to the GUI-nice work SuSE devs!). I've never had
a problem with the repositories for doing online updates. I've added
packman's repositories to get things like commercial DVD viewing working and
to be able to rip MP3's in K3B (default SuSE install doesn't install LAME)
again without any problems.

Not sure what you would be having problems with. I typically go with the
default online repository. I think I've switched it maybe once or twice
between versions.
--
Jarrod Major
Registered Linux User: #224211