[clug-talk] News & Views: Save Vista By Open SOurcing It

Tek Budda TekBudda at shaw.ca
Wed May 10 21:27:26 PDT 2006

> Funny you should say that.......    According Linux Format. May 2006, page 8
> article: "Dell Does Linux" Dell is going to start shipping several machines
> with Red Hat  Enterprise Linux Workstation pre-installed (models 670n, 470n
> and 380n). How much advertising they're going to do remains to be seen.

I believe these are workstations and not desktops.  And even if they are
available, the likely hood that they will be available in the US or
Canada is likely nil.  I cold be wrong.. and I hope I am but that s my
understanding.

Part of the reason comes down to the choice of distribution.  Which
distros do they support?  Which versions?  Which kernals? etc. etc.