[clug-talk] TV-Out - I hope you like text

Jarrod Major jarrod at digitaldemesne.net
Wed May 10 17:10:36 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 6:03 pm, Mike Bougie wrote:
> Oh I did make an xorg.conf.backup. I just don't know what to do with it.
> Do I delete the current xorg.conf, rename .backup, and startx?

Good! Well in this case, you can do a few things:

rename your borked xorg.conf file if you want to save it to keep experimenting
AND restore your original backup xorg.conf file if you actually need to use
your system

OR

continue to try different configuration paramaters in your borked xorg.conf
file until you get it working.

You do have your backup to fall back on if it still doesn't work

--
Jarrod Major
Registered Linux User: #224211