[clug-talk] TV-Out - I hope you like text

Mike Bougie mike.bougie at gmail.com
Wed May 10 16:44:56 PDT 2006

Hey everyone,

In true Mike fashion, I think I've pooched my xorg.conf file pretty
decently. I'm trying to get my Nvidia Fx5200's TV-Out feature to work
properly, and in doing so I used this guide, found on

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=98456&highlight=fx5200

now when I reboot, I get no GUI, and after logging in and doing a
"startx" the screen blanks as if x is loading, but then I get
redicrected to command line with an error that reads as follows (among
other information):

Using config file "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
Skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_clip.o"
: No symbols found

Skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_norm.o"
: No symbols found

Skipping "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a:m_debug_xform.o"
: No symbols found

(EE) Failed to load module "Record" (module does not exist,0)
(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist,0)
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Now, I've also followed thes einstructions to update with the latest
nvidia drivers

but when I try to

sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx nvidia-settings
linux-restricted-modules-`uname -r`

I get E: couldn't find package linux-restricted-modules

Any ideas how I can get this module loaded so I can load "Record" and
"nvidia" then finally get the TVOut working on my Fx5200?

~Mike

P.S. I had to write all that mumbo-jumbo since the errors are on another
machine, so forgive me if there are the occasional spelling errors
(which I doubt) or mis-types (entirely possible).

~Mike

--
http://www.underover.net
http://clug.ca | Linux User 394239