[clug-talk] how to stop partitions being autodetected.

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Tue May 9 16:24:38 PDT 2006

To be clear, he should leave those partitions in his  /etc/fstab, just
do not put the auto option in.

I am not sure what Mepis is doing, but when I remove a partition from
fstab, it stays removed.

I am surprised that his setup works, windows (at least the NT variants)
do not like booting from secondary disks.  This setup is begging for
trouble, but then I have never been a fan of multiboot (or dual boot).

In this case I would strongly suggest VMware or something similar
(VMware has worked the best for me).