[clug-talk] Random computer crashing

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:22:56 PDT 2006

Yes, that was my first thought. But, the video rip doesn't involve the CD
Drive. I should have clarified. I'm ripping it off a camcorder right to the
harddrive. So that can't be the issue.

Oh, and I just ran memtest86 all night for 10 hours, it did 21 cycles, 0
errors. So that rules out memory problems.
Now, I checked the PC Health and it said everything was "OK" so -- ugh. I'm
lost now.

On 5/9/06, Graham Monk <graham.monk at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, here is a wierd suggestion, have you got another DVDRom or CDRom to
> try? From what you have said so far, it is the only thing common to all
> instances other than the RAM and HDD, that you haven't  checked.
> The install failed at the same spot, the Video rip failed at the same
> spot,...... see where I'm going with this?
>
> Of course the fact that I'm falling asleep here could have just led me to
> making a fool of myself.....
>
> Graham

pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091
C422