[clug-talk] Random computer crashing

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon May 8 22:12:46 PDT 2006

If it's crapping out under Windows AND Linux, then it is likely a hardware
problem.  Try running memtest86 on it for a few hours, to see if you get any
erros talking to your memory.  Other than that, it's trial and error
time.. :)  (The joys of troubleshooting).

And to answer the next question - most modern distros come with an option to
run memtest86 when the install media is booted (though it might be labeled
differently).  I just finished doing this with Kubuntu.

Shawn