[clug-talk] hostname

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:28:00 PDT 2006

Hi, sorry for frequent posting but this is something that has vexed me
forever!

localhost being the hostname sucks. Now, I can goto a terminal and do
"hostname mynewhostname" as root and it changes it. For that session. As
soon as I reboot its back to localhost!!!! Why? How can I change it? I know
in U/Kubuntu you set it during the install, and it actually sticks but thats
the only distro so far that I've seen!!!

--
pub 1024D/9091C422 02/05/2006 Mitchell Brown <mbgb14 at gmail.com>
    Primary key fingerprint:  812B 94BC EA0D 345A CC1C 2ED9 F7F6 5CCF 9091