[clug-talk] OT::Barebone Laptop

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Sun May 7 14:03:08 PDT 2006

On 5/7/06, Juan Alberto Cirez <jacirez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> This is sort of OT: Does anyone knows where I can buy a barebone laptop
> (Current specs and features) in Calgary, Edmonton or Ft. Mac...
> Cost should not be more than CND $800.00 and it should be brand new.
> Fully Linux Compatible if possible but not essential...

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=cat&memx_menu=68&SID=

Only one there right now... there used to be a lot more when i would
check a few months ago.

$870, not sure about any Linux compatibility.  It is available in
Edmonton, however it is a special order (usually 3-5 days, can be up
to 3 weeks if you're unlucky.)

I'll keep an eye out for any others.

-Mark