[clug-talk] kubuntu

Mitchell Brown mbgb14 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:03:31 PDT 2006

Thanks Gustin :) Most of this I knew. I figured out how to setup X to login
as root (I found out how, but I didn't actually do it).
I'm no noob to Linux, I know that the users/groups sytem vary drastically.
It's just - in every other distro (Suse, mandriva, pclos, xandros, mepis,
etc) all assign the default user groups when you hit Add New User. Not
Kubuntu! You have to tell it which ones. And I'm not sure which ones are the
right ones. I'd copy it from my install user, but, that user is an
administrator, and I'm not sure which groups are admin-specific. But I'll
try that link. Thanks for your help!

PS: Awesome presentation on Wed.