[clug-talk] LinuxFest - some details

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Fri May 5 16:07:11 PDT 2006

New thread to (hopefully) abandon the WAAAYYYYY off topic thread...

BRING A CAMERA!
We would like to get as many pictures as possible happening, and various folks
posting them on their website or blogs.  We would like to show everyone that
CLUG is capable of doing a large event and having fun at it.  And if a
picture is worth a thousand words, then a thousand pictures are worth much
much more.  (do the math.. :)

The theaters have the fold up desk thing, so you can put your laptop on it in
front of you.  I'm not sure about power though.  Each theater can hold approx
150 people.

Internet access is being provided by the University, via their wireless
network (AirUC).  When you check in at the registration desk, you'll be given
the login credentials.  This wireless network is accessible across the entire
campus.

For those who do not have wireless access and just need your Internet fix,
we'll have a 24 port switch available in the Tech Alley room over the lunch
hour.

We do NOT need any AC adapters for a d-link router, or even the d-link router
itself.  :)

If you'd like to bring your laptop / pda / ipod / etc, feel free.  But keep in
mind that YOU get to lug them around, and are responsible for their security.
(in other words - CLUG, or the LinuxFest volunteers/speakers, or the
university cannot be held accountable for theft or damage to your
equipment.).  This should be obvious, but I think it needed to be said.

With regards to lunch, we do not have anything planned for those attending the
event, other than an hour break to accomodate lunch.  There is the food court
in Mac Hall, and the Brentwood Village (?) retail area across Crowchild
Trail.  CUUG (the Calgary UNIX Users Group) has donated pop and donuts for
the first 100 visitors, which I expect to be gone by 9:00am.

Other than that, bring your physical body (virtual just won't do this year,
maybe next year), and maybe a pen and notebook.  Bring your friends and
familty too, if they don't struggle too much... :)