[clug-talk] Wow, it keeps getting worse. Can I borrow a USB->ethernet adapter from someone tonight?

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Fri May 5 11:11:17 PDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Carl <ct at turner.ca> wrote:

> Mark, I hope that computer works for you. If it doesn't work out I have
> a pcmcia/ethernet adapter that you can borrow.

Yep, it did! (well, so far anyway)  Last I looked into it, the status
of PCMCIA support on my laptop (Compaq R3470) was either unsupported
or somewhat supported after some hacking.  But thank you for the offer
:-)

> It seems like you are taking on a heavy task by attempting to demo so
> many pieces of software. To reduce to scope I would recommend demoing a
> few that you are most familiar with. Then for the rest simply provide a
> brief description along with the testimonials you have collected.

Sadly, it isn't that many pieces of software:
-2 or 3 web browsers
-2 or so Email program
-2 or 3 Chat/IM programs
-1 to 3 network utilites

I guess I exaggerated when I said I hadn't used 2/3rds (it seemed like
it at the time)  But now that I have a more level head, I think its
just 1 web browser, 2 Email programs, and 1 chat program.  Now that I
have a somewhat working computer (this one still has 0 battery life
and I had to put in a hard drive from another laptop,) I think I'll be
alright.

Phew, even though I haven't done that much for LinuxFest I sure feel wiped out.

I'd like to thank everyone else who has contributed to LinuxFest.  I
know there are some of you out there who have done a lot to get it all
together and I really appreciate it.  I know I'm still a youngin' but
it feels like since I finished school I'm now the real-world
equivalent of a Kindergartner... inexperienced, irresponsible, and
"incompetent".  I guess that's just how life is.

:-)

-Mark