[clug-talk] GPG, Web of trust, Six Degrees of Seperation.

simon simon at mungewell.org
Fri May 5 09:20:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:53:57AM -0600, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering - - - how do I see who has signed my signature if they're not on my ring? Like, before I put you on my ring, you weren't on my signed list.
> Then I put you on my ring and it showed that you signed me.
>
> How do I see a global list without having to know whos keys' to pull down?
>
> *MB*

Hi Mitchell,
I think your app is only displaying sigs by keys you have on your ring,
because otherwise it only knows the key number - not a name/email...

You can list you sigs with 'gpg --list-sigs <email>' or with a keyserver
www interface, ie:
http://www.stinkfoot.org/pgp/

You can check your standing in the global web of trust with site like:
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jc/wotsap/

(real 'Six Degrees of Seperation' stuff, by default -max-cert-depth=5
:-)

And other fun things to do....
http://www.lodestar2.com/people/dyork/talks/2004/oclug/funideaswithgnupg.html

Simon.

PS. Yes you can download the global keychain, but you *REALLY* don't
want to do that.