[clug-talk] kubuntu

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 4 22:01:13 PDT 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 22:02, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> So can someone get me a listing of the default groups for Kubuntu for
> a user? And what are the ones for a Administrator?

look at your current user. from a konsole, here's what i get:

aseigo at freedom:~$ groups
aseigo adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev lpadmin scanner admin

and as i noted in my first email in this thread, the admin group gets you sudo
access for administration. you will likely want some of the other groups
above as well, but the admin group is the key one.

--
Aaron J. Seigo