[clug-talk] IBM laptop screen displaced

Mark Carlson carlsonmark at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:40:36 PDT 2006

On 5/2/06, Graham Monk <graham.monk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've been playing with an IBM A21m laptop here and tried
> putting SUPER/Slick SUSE on it, everything seems good
> except for after a reboot, the screen is displaced, that is,
> the taskbar is about a quarter the way up the screen and
> the top part of the screen is underneath.
>
> Any suggestions? some googling suggests it is something
> to do with powersave?
>
> graham

I don't know if you've been here, or if it'll be that helpful, but
some people have gotten together and made a Wiki for ThinkPad users.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

There's a few Linux install tutorials for the A21M, but they might
have some info related to the screen problem as well.

-Mark