[clug-talk] IBM laptop screen displaced

Graham Monk graham.monk at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:53:51 PDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Hendrik Schaink <hschaink at infovisi.com> wrote:

> I have the same kind of feature using an NVidia card. I think it is
> something quirky in SuSE, however, you can adjust it in the SuSE system
> setup.
>
> Here's what I need to do in SuSE 10.1-RC3:
>
> Click Start | System | YaST, enter the root password;
> In the left panel click "Hardware" icon;
> In the right panel click "Graphics Card & Monitor" icon;
> In the left panel, click "Monitor" icon (if not already selected);
> The right panel is titled "Card and Monitor Properties";
> Press the OK button;
> In the pop-up window with "Final Steps", press button "Test";
>
> After a little "think-time", the video adjustment screen comes up. Here
> you can adjust where on the physical screen the screen image is
> displayed. Use your mouse to shift things around and/or reduce/enlarge.
>
> Once you are happy, exit & save; exit;
> Logout and log back in to put the new settings into effect.
>
> HTH,
>
> Hendrik

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not  "move" the screen. My own
experience
of that tool indicates that is another way of dealing with minor  CRT
differences
in the same way that the on screen monitor adjustments work.
This one has the display about an  inch  up from the base and the top is
"wrapped'
under the bottom

graham