[clug-talk] IBM laptop screen displaced

Hendrik Schaink hschaink at infovisi.com
Wed May 3 13:16:26 PDT 2006

I have the same kind of feature using an NVidia card. I think it is
something quirky in SuSE, however, you can adjust it in the SuSE system
 setup.

Here's what I need to do in SuSE 10.1-RC3:

Click Start | System | YaST, enter the root password;
In the left panel click "Hardware" icon;
In the right panel click "Graphics Card & Monitor" icon;
In the left panel, click "Monitor" icon (if not already selected);
The right panel is titled "Card and Monitor Properties";
Press the OK button;
In the pop-up window with "Final Steps", press button "Test";

After a little "think-time", the video adjustment screen comes up. Here
you can adjust where on the physical screen the screen image is
displayed. Use your mouse to shift things around and/or reduce/enlarge.

Once you are happy, exit & save; exit;
Logout and log back in to put the new settings into effect.

HTH,

Hendrik

--
Hendrik M. Schaink
Chief Consultant

"Integrated Business Solutions & Dependable Service"

InfoVision Consulting
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone: (403) 239-0099

"The Vision: We are the partners of choice for companies and
organizations that share our commitment to creating a world
that is truly wise, courageous, prosperous, innovative,
inclusive, sustainable and humane."     --Ruben Nelson

GPG Fingerprint: 1371 0927 8C3C 831F A838 C312 68BC F5DB 010D F3D7