[clug-talk] Automatix

Roy Souther roy at silicontao.com
Wed May 3 10:21:53 PDT 2006

All deb files that get download are stored in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
After you have all of these files you can rebuild them into your own
local repository. I have scripts to do that I will post a URL to
download them in a few minutes.

The more standard way is to setup a Debian caching repository server. I
don't remember how but you basicly set your apt server to be your
caching server and you set it to use the Automatix or any other servers
you want. When you apt-get from your server if it does not have the file
already it will download it and the next time it will not need to go to
the Internet again.