[clug-talk] Restricted posting to Events List.

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue May 2 12:27:17 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 11:42, simon wrote:
> Hi,
> Having just replied to Hendrick I notice that anyone can post to the
> events list.....
>
> Shouldn't this be a restricted list, especially if we're hoping to sign
> up lots of people at the LinuxFest?

I've never noticed this before.  You must sign up on the list to be able to
post to it.  However, anyone can sign up on the list.  (goes to that
community thing and transparency.. <grins>)

I have noticed myself that if I post a reply to the author and don't change
the subject line - then their reply comes into my list folder due to my
filtering rules (i.e. anything that has "[clug-events]" at the start of the
subject goes into the events folder... )  This makes it appear the message
went to all when it hasn't.

If you aren't seeing something like this, then I would suggest an email to
Dave with the details so he could look into it.