[clug-talk] LinuxFest - 'web of trust'.

simon simon at mungewell.org
Tue May 2 12:04:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:47:38PM -0600, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Sweet guys, just setup my key! Now, how do I encrypt messages via
> Gmail-webinterface with it?

I don't use Gmail, but a quick look around their help center suggests
that they don't provide a GPG/PGP facility. :-(

But you can encrypt/decrypt off line and cut'n'paste the encrypted form
(with 'ascii armour') into/from gmail interface.

> lol  oh and what is the preferred key server?

Most of the keyservers are connected, so you only have to pick one and
the key propogates through the network.

Personnally I use:
keyserver pgp.mit.edu

You can place this into your '~/.gnupg/options/ file.

Simon.

PS. I have signed this so you can practice :o)