[clug-talk] Question: Client-initiated remote desktop sharing and administration.

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon May 1 11:12:37 PDT 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 11:59, bogi wrote:
> I need , not me, but a friend. To enable a client to make their desktop/GUI
> available be just clicking on an icon, they have to initiate the
> connection, otherwise the tech, who can help them would not be able to get
> to them. Cheers
> Szemir

I seem to remember KDE having this capability built into it - if remote
administration was enabled.  Check your control panel - I didn't install KDE
with remote admin, so I don't have it in mine.  But I do remember seeing
somewhere where a user can indicate to allow remote connections, and to
authorize connections when they were requested.  I believe the connections in
this case were VNC sessions.

Not too helpful, I know, but maybe a direction to look?