[clug-talk] LinuxFest tickets

Dave Watkins - CLUG President at CLUG.ca
Mon May 1 09:52:44 PDT 2006

In the now famous words of Douglas Adams, “DON’T PANIC”.

As Shawn said, he purpose of the advanced registration is to try and get a
handle on the numbers of people attending the event. If we just say “show
up, it’s free” then we have no idea how many might attend. Nobody will have
to pay to get into this event.

Cheers,

Dave Watkins
President
Calgary Linux Users Group

W: www.clug.ca
E: president at clug.ca
V: 403.701.5746

From: Mitchell Brown [mailto:mbgb14 at gmail.com]
Sent: May 1, 2006 10:31 AM
To: CLUG General
Subject: Re: [clug-talk] LinuxFest tickets

It's a free event? O_o
How come you can get "earlybird tickets" for free, but the regular ones are
like, $25 each?!

Here's my order summary
 View
Order Date: 13. April 2006
Total: $150.00
Order Status: Pending
Order Number: 00000041
 View
Order Date: 13. April 2006
Total: $25.00
Order Status: Pending
Order Number: 00000040

I didn't actually pay, I was told to ignore the balance since I got them
early (free). But they still say pending!!!
Argh!
On 5/1/06, Shawn <sgrover at open2space.com> wrote:
On Monday 01 May 2006 10:19, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm still not sure if I can come to LinuxFest - we might be going to
> Edmonton, we might not be. We won't know until about Thursday. Anyways, a
> few weeks ago I ordered my early bird tickets, and I still haven't
recieved
> them! I assume they were to be mailed, right? How do I get them?

It's a free event, so there are no tickets per se.  Just come out to the
event
if you can make it.  Registration is to help us figure out how many people
are coming to the event.  :)