[clug-talk] OT - Looking for Barnaby

Martin Glazer linux at glazer.ca
Wed Mar 22 00:07:56 PST 2006

This is not really a problem caused by Shaw but rather the RBL who listed them
in the first place.

When I spoke to Shaw, they mentioned that they had been attempting to contact
the RBL for the last few weeks with absolutely no response.

At issue here is how a relatively large ISP can get listed on a RBL and have
huge difficulties getting delisted. It questions the validity of the RBL
lists if they cannot be trusted.

Not saying that Shaw has no issues, or that I don't have any problems with
them ($10 VoIP tax), but I don't believe that a blanket ban (ala Telus) is
the way to go either.

my thoughts...

Martin