[clug-talk] How can my servers be better at fighting SPAM!

Roy Souther roy at silicontao.com
Wed Dec 13 08:33:13 PST 2006

I am running spamassassin and using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and they to
stop a lot of SPAM but I am still getting way more then I can stand.
What are people doing to stop SPAM? I do not want to run a program that
needs constant attention from me to keep it up to date and working.

There seems to be a lot of IP's and server networks that are dumping a
lot of SPAM on to the Internet but the block lists are not identifying
as SPAM'ers. I tried to find some way to submit offending IP addresses
to SPAMhaus.org but I could not find any way. Perhaps you can only
submit offending IP's if you are subscribed to a paid service of
SPAMhaus.org.

Is there a community driven SPAM block listing service? Queries to
SPAMhaus.org automatically include other block lists but they all seem
to not let the public submit offending IP's either.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.