[clug-talk] Good linux compatible motherboards?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue Aug 22 20:46:16 PDT 2006

I've never had a problem getting an ASUS mobo working with Linux, but
I'm not buying bleeding edge either.

Apparently Intel has released their G965 chipset drivers as open source
today.
(http://news.linuxworldnet.com/intel®-g965-express-chipset-drivers-open-sourced/),
so an Intel chipset should now be reasonable.  (My laptop is running
Intel problem free - once dapper included the drivers for it, took some
manual effort beforehand).

You didn't mention if you were looking for server or desktop type
boards.  If server, then do you really need video/sound support?  (I
know you know better, so stating the obvious...)

Not sure how helpful that is, but here's hoping... :)

Shawn