[clug-talk] Linux Expert Sysadmin Job
forums at itiva.com
forums at itiva.com
Thu Aug 17 16:56:19 PDT 2006
Hello, clug users. If this is an inappropriate posting please delete it
asap. I have read over your guidelines page and I did not see anything
regarding this type of thing, so hopefully it is okay.
Greetings clug Users.
We are itiva(.com) and we are looking for a senior deployment
specialist, before you ask "what the hell is that?". I will define
the role a bit better for you guys.
We are looking for a linux *expert*. Someone who really knows and
understands how linux works. Someone who knows linux inside out
backwards and can do things that make other linux admins stare at you
with a blank face in total awe. Someone with experience working with
linux (or mostly linux) based data centers.
Our Ideal candidate:
- is running a 2.6.18rc4 kernel on at least 1 machine
- uses awk/sed on a regular basis
- does a lot of bash scripting at the command line
- is currently or was very recently administering/maintaining 100+ linux
machines (preferably remotely)
- files well documented bug reports to mailing lists when he/she has a
problem, because your problems are bugs in the software not user error.
- is the "head geek" where they work. you are THE person everyone comes
to, when things are fsck'd up.
- uses linux at work, and linux at home for a desktop as well as mythtv
and asterisk. (special bonus if you run dashpc, pycar, or i3)
- has extensive experience with troubleshooting a linux box, the mere
idea of rebooting should be offensive to you.
- must say "E Tee Sea" or "etcetera" not one of those "Eht Sea" crazies ;)
The job posting is here:
Some info about us. We are based in Kelowna, BC
(http://www.welcometokelowna.com/) The company (http://www.itiva.com)
is a great place to work. It is a very relaxed environment, shorts +
tshirt + sandals to work, no-one watching the clock on when you arrive
and leave. We keep a stocked up kitchen with all sorts of fresh fruit,
snack bars, chips, pop, coffee, frozen dinners, etc available for free
to all our employees. The job will be working with a crack team of
ninja pirate monkeys to design, build, and maintain data-centers that
predominantly run linux. We are located in the Landmark 3 building
Which is the same building that has Kelowna's Center for Arts and
Technology (http://kelowna.digitalartschool.com/) in it. The job is for
a position in Kelowna and we will assist in relocating people to move here.
If you think that you match or closely match our needs and are willing
to relocate to Kelowna, we would LOVE to hear from you. This is your
dream job! Send resumes to deployment_resume at itiva.com. Thank you for
More information about the clug-talk