[clug-talk] Suggestions: Weddin/Event Planning Software - UPDATE

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Wed Sep 28 19:00:47 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 19:02, Tek Budda wrote:
<snipped... a lot.. :) >
> Ok...no more babbling.  If anyone has any ideas, suggestions,
> contributions, etc on how I can do this please let me know.  I will
> likely start the develop process by collecting some examples and making
> a series or spreadsheets to plan my information then create the
> databases and such from there.

If you are going to "create a system from scratch", you can save yourself some
time by using a system that does some of what you want.  For instance, Drupal
has some modules that might be helpful - Event Calendar, and RSVP.  This
could serve as a starting point, then throw in some custom code to do the
stuff thats missing. (I can give you some tips there if you'd like - I just
finished something like this for the Avro Museum).  You can see what modules
are available for Drupal here: http://drupal.org/project/Modules.

Even if you don't use Drupal, there are other tools that might be suitable as
a starting point. (Mambo maybe?)

Just a thought.